Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Google BlogSearch

Google BlogSearch has been out for more than a year, and according to Hitwise, it has surpassed Technorati in terms of number of vistis since December 23, 2006.

For me, Google BlogSearch is not only a search engine, but also a very useful blogging tool. Whenever I want to write about a topic, I first go to Google BlogSearch to see if it has already been written. If my topic has already been written, I will either choose a different topic or choose a different angle to write on the same topic.

I like Google BlogSearch because it usually gives me more up to date information than Google itself. It could be because blog post is easier to index than web page. For example, if you go to Google BlogSearch to search for "Britney Spears blogging", you can see Kumiko Suzuki's post on Britney Spears already. You probably can't find her blog post in Google until next week.

I don't know if Google BlogSearch will ever replace Technorati. However, if you want to search for something new, you should use Google BlogSearch before you use Google.

No comments: