Monday, January 29, 2007

Amazon Mechanical Turk


Amazon's mechanicl turk has been arounded since 2005. Its purpose is "to enable computer co-ordinate the use of human intelligence to perform tasks which computers are unable to do". In reality, it is a marketplace where many companies have solicited workers to do micro task for a small amount of money.

I have browsed through the HITS (Human Intelligence Tasks). I saw a post for "Write 2 NHL Hockey trivia questions for $0.12". I try to sign up for it but it asked me to fill out a form to prove my qualification. I decide it is not worth the effort for $0.12.

I think MTurk is great for web site developer who wants to outsource its work. For example, if you are a Japanese blogger, you may want to use the service to get someone to translate your blog to English.

Let me try the service again, and post you my finding later. By the way, Salon has a great article about Amazon Mechanical Turk.

2 comments:

Rich Dad said...

what im wondering is, how i can transferred the balance into paypal account..:( and make some money with this site

ibraheem said...

online job is anew trend in the field of jobs it is avery simple way of earning according to person's convenience and flexibility and earn in dollars ,thousands for more info about online jobs visit : www.onlineuniversalwork.